Node Red fails to open if I don't have internet access because of lack of material-icons

I just checked, the problem of the icons was also solved by your suggestion so I,m putting it as a solution.

the package.json of the original .node-red folder only has this (for this time I already unninstalled the dashboard-evi)

{
  "name": "node-red-project",
  "description": "initially created for you by Node-RED 3.0.2",
  "version": "0.0.1",
  "private": true,
  "dependencies": {
    "node-red-contrib-dashboard-average-bars": "~0.0.6",
    "node-red-contrib-dashboard-bar-chart-data": "~0.9.8",
    "node-red-contrib-dashboard-sum-bars": "~0.0.1",
    "node-red-contrib-home-assistant-discovery": "^0.0.7",
    "node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket": "~0.44.0",
    "node-red-contrib-home-assistant-ws": "^0.0.1",
    "node-red-contrib-modbus": "~5.23.2",
    "node-red-contrib-norelite-homeassistant": "^1.1.0",
    "node-red-contrib-play-audio": "^2.5.0",
    "node-red-dashboard": "~3.1.7",
    "node-red-node-pi-gpio": "^2.0.5",
    "node-red-node-ping": "^0.3.1",
    "node-red-node-random": "^0.4.0",
    "node-red-node-serialport": "^1.0.1",
    "node-red-node-smooth": "^0.1.2",
    "node-red-node-twitter": "~1.2.0"
  }
}

, anyway the old .node-red folder remains for doing what @zenofmud suggested

I don't see any problems there. Can you post the old settings.js please, I meant to ask for that last time too.

me neither, here is the settings.js
settings.pdf (42.7 KB)

Nothing wrong there either as far as I can see. I think this may remain one of the great unsolved mysteries of the century.

Jajaja..yes!

I think it gave some conflict with the core of the node-red app itself when I had both node-red dashboard and dashboard-evi and consequently damaged the node-red app itself.

I think that because I read in anothe post around there that dashboard-evi is a fork of the official node-red dashboard.

Another thing is that you must remember, for the time being when I had both files you asked me then the dashboard-evi was unninstalled, may be for that reason can't be seen anything wrong on those files.

Anyway, your suggestion of renaming the .node-red folder and starting node-red again worked well so thank you.

If that had happened then removing the .node-red folder would not have fixed it. You are still using the same node-red app that you were before. It was probably something in your flows that was causing the problem.

ok ok, thanks for the clarification.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.