Node-red multi-user workaround

Colin
that you know there is a possible way to set the parameters I need to connect to MySQL through msg?

I don't believe that is possible using the standard mysql node. I don't know whether there are any mysql nodes that do allow that. I presume that if you directly access the nodejs low level mysql modules that you can do that.

Not in the same browser instance at the same time obviously. You can certainly login from different machines as different users. What makes you think you can't?

@Lupin_III

I would suggest some more research on using Grafana. You can create multiple Organisations ( in Server Admin) and each of these organisations can have multiple users and connect to a database (mysql) source.
The solution could be, based on the information you have provided.
Node Red saves the data to a mysql database on the local site, this is the Node Red work you have already done. The result would be a database for each local site
You could install one Grafana at each site and then provide access over the internet or a cloud installation of Grafana and an Organisation for each site that has a connection to each of the site databases.
If the solution is mostly Grafana then this may not be a topic for the Node Red forum?

Hey @Lupin_III,

for the user issue; did you try out this workaround?
https://github.com/phyunsj/node-red-dashboard-login

Cheers
Ranki

@ Ranki

Thanks but it's not what I need. I need more user more user logged in at the same tiem using different data source.

@ mtoko
Thanks for the suggestion.Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, at the end I succeeded in creating more than one user, so your solution could works.
Anyway, probably if this became more a grafana solution, maybe is not correct to go ahead with this topic on this forum.
But any more suggestion regarding node-red are always more than welcome

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.