Node-red-node-pi-gpio output stopped

I am having an issue with the node node-red-node-pi-gpio (node) - Node-RED
This is the flow I am using:

[{"id":"881428ed.66fe88","type":"rpi-gpio out","z":"bc3b26f0.b8e538","name":"","pin":"29","set":true,"level":"0","freq":"","out":"out","x":507.00000762939453,"y":312.9999809265137,"wires":[]}]

Flow itself is fine I think, but after an upgrade of the Pi (compute module 3 16GB) the outputs all stopped. (see screenshot)

issue

When I activate the button so it will go to "1" the following error is in the debug: "nrgpio python command not running"

But, I don't know how to troubleshoot. Hope someone can help.

Welcome to the forum.

What sort of upgrade have you made? Have you upgraded the OS or upgraded the whole system to a compute module?

Is there a command python still installed ? try which python and tell us what it reports.
If not - Is there a python3 ?

Thanks for the answer. Python -V reports: 2.7.16
But, I know I also have Python 3 installed, but 2.7.16 seems default.

Sorry, I've read your question again, I have now done which python and it reports: usr/bin/python
So, what do I do?

The error indicates the python app that links to the gpio isn’t running. Usually this because python has got moved or broken. That doesn’t seem to be the case here. Are you running as the pi user ? Or at least the same one you used to install.

I am running as the pi user indeed. The flow used to work before on the same install. Might it be a missing package or something like that? Something that makes the script fail? If I try to execute it manually it doesn't do anything. There is also a testscript in the same folder as the script, but it doesn't seem to output anything. Hope you can point me in the right direction or have any idea what is going wrong here.

Sorry I missed your answer! I've also upgraded the image from 3b+ to the CM3 compute module (in essence they should be the same right?)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.