Node-Red on OpenShift

Can anyone help with documentation on how to deploy NR on OpenShift.

Thanks

Could you post a link to what OpenShift is?

OpenShift is an on-premises platform as a service built around Docker containers orchestrated and managed by Kubernetes on a foundation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

1 Like

Have you tried the top answer when googling "Node-red install openshift" ?

I have. This talks to the installation of the container platform. What I need to understand is how to deploy NR on the platform, which is already up and running. Customisation of the package.json and server.js files is required and I'm hoping that someone who has done this before can steer me in the right direction.

Assuming that the OpenShift account is active and a new project has been started, the solution to this is as follows:

1) A Node-Red Docker image can be pulled from DockerHub at https://hub.docker.com/r/nodered/node-red-docker/
2) Deploying it just like that would cause a crash loop, as it can't write to the /data directory. In order to cater for that, attach persistent storage to the deployment configuration and mount it to the /data directory.
3) Then the deployment strategy must be changed from rolling to recreate.
4) Create a new Route and the NR page will be publicly visible.

Please elaborate better the step 2, 3 and 4.

Thaks.

I did thru deploying by catalog, node.js (v10)... After I changed YAML file on deployment "cointanerPort" to 1880, and YAML file on service "targetPort" to 1880.
Thanks!

Hi, i made many solutions for deploy nodered in OCP.

For examples check this repos:

This is my custom s2i for nodered

This is my custom docker for OCP

There are old versions, but you can get the idea!

Or, you just use the IBM helm chart that is preconfigured in OpenShift.

• In your Developer view, click on "Add to Project"
  • type "nodered"
  • click on "Install Helm Chart"
  • Change the storageclass name to your supported storageclass
  • click on Install

and connect via exposing of the service (oc expose svc/node-red-svc)
or via port forwarding (kubectl port-forward services/node-red-svc 8080:1880)