Node Red running in PC want to send data from raspberry pi

Hello Everyone i have a problem, im running node red in a desktop pc in a lan network, in this lan networks are connected Siemens PLCs that connect to node red trough S7 node, now im running a python script in a raspberry pi, i connect the raspberry pi to the lan network where all my PLC and node red are running, somebody know how can i send data from the raspberry pi to node red, or how can i read data from the raspberry pi with node red

Hi @motosierra1141. Welcome to our community!! You could try with MQTT to read data, you should install a MQTT BROKER to can publish data from the raspberry pi. There are many free local brokers and cloud brokers.

Other option is maybe, install Node-RED in your raspberry pi, this will allow that you can read data directly from RPi.

I hope it helps you!!

1 Like

thank you, do you know if there is any way to send data trough ethernet?, if raspberry pi is in the same network where node red is running?

MQTT protocol.

1 Like

You could use any of these:

• http
  • tcp
  • udp

All have corresponding node-red nodes.

But as @MecatronicaMADE has already said, using MQTT will be easier and more reliable. You can add the Mosquitto broker to the Pi and everything can write to it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.