Nodered pccc in node stopped after running for few days

I have been using Nodered v3.0.3 to collect the data from micrologix PLC with the pccc node. The connection was successful and I was able to get the data required form PLC, but suddenly, yesterday I got an error: "Error connecting to PLC: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 172.19.57.170:44818".
other PLC's are running fine and I have not modified anything in any of the nodes.
Can anyone suggest me why the node stopped working all of sudden?

The first thing to do is to see if you can make it work. For example you could

1. restart node-red
  2. power cycle the machine running node-red
  3. power cycle the PLC

Obviously note which one it is that fixes it.
If none of those work, can you ping the PLC from the node-red machine? If not can you ping the other PLCs from the node-red machine? If it is only the one PLC that you cannot ping then either the IP address of the PLC has changed or there is a networking or hardware fault of some sort.

I have restarted node-red and power cycled the machine but I can check if I can power cycle the PLC. I will try that and let you know. Thank you so much for the response.

Hello, I was able to re-establish the connection by power cycling the PLC.

thanks to you...!

You should check to see if you have any logs. (depending on what your setup is) The Log will give you details on what caused the communication failure and perhaps something to give the node developers. Also, you should check the GitHub pages to see if there are any messages left from others who have had similar issues recently. I have had better success getting to the developers through GitHub contacts. Recovery by restarting your PLC is a method, but that is not good behavior for process control systems.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.