Not possible to communicate via com port with rfxcom

Hi,
I have an issue when I wan to use the node-red-contribit-rfcom node. It doesn't want to communicate with the RFXcom device.
It complains over ReadIOCompletion.

If I use the software that comes with the RFXcom everything works. But nod in Node-red.

I'm running node red on an win7 64bit VM-ware machine.

2018-07-30_22-59-16

Do you mean node-red-contrib-rfxcom?

If so I'm not sure the author is on the forum very much. It's probably better to open up an issue on the guthub page for the node, https://github.com/maxwellhadley/node-red-contrib-rfxcom/issues

Remember, you have to be sure that the other software (RFXmngr???) is really closed, otherwise the COM3 cannot be accessed from Node-RED

sorry for the typo Ukmoose.
I indeed mean node-red-contrib-rfxcom. But it can also be an issue related to serialport. Because that node also comes with the installation of node-red-contrib-rfxcom.

At this moment I have no clue where to look for and I was wondering if anyone has some experience with these kind of issues.

I already double checked that Krambriw. And the RFXmngr is really closed.
Anyway, thanks for the tip.

I have found the code that throws the error. The error comes from serialport.(serialport_win.cpp)

> void __stdcall ReadIOCompletion(DWORD errorCode, DWORD bytesTransferred, OVERLAPPED* ov) {
>   ReadBaton* baton = static_cast<ReadBaton*>(ov->hEvent);
> 
>   if (errorCode) {
>     ErrorCodeToString("Reading from COM port (ReadIOCompletion)", errorCode, baton->errorString);
>     baton->complete = true;
>     return;
>   }

Now I only need to find out why this error occurs. Anyone suggestions?

Are you still having problems? There was an update of the underlying node-rfxcom module to use the (then) latest Serialport module version 6.x.x on 8th July, which may have fixed this issue, as it looks like a Serialport problem. Try updating node-red-contrib-rfxcom, which should pull the latest versions in

Hi Max,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently I’m running node red on an old pi. But I will definitely update the node-red-contrib-rfxcom see if there is any improvement/change on the situation.

I will let you know if anything is changed.