Package.json not updated when additional nodes are upgraded

Hi, using projects I noticed that if I update the nodes from the palette manager the new version is not reported on the package.json and consequently not even on the dependencies tab in project settings. is it a desired behavior?

It is a slight oddity that, when using projects, the nodes still go into the userDir package.json and not in the project folder.

I remember that Nick once outlined a reason for that but I'm afraid that I don't remember it.

Because the runtime doesn't load nodes from the project folder. And you would end up having to reinstall all of your extra nodes every time you created a new project.

The fact the package.json inside the project doesn't get updated when you update nodes in the runtime is a long standing bug (although not one I think we have captured anywhere).

1 Like

Not so much a bug - just no one has worked out a good way to manage it - do you really want to auto update the semver every change/deploy or only on a commit - or... ? And there is a lot of other info that can go into package.json that can be added manually - which we then not want to break etc.

Ok, it's actually not a big deal, I manually update the file. It was just to make it known in case it wasn't

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.