PI-GPIO 1.2 doenst work

Gents have issue

I have new install of mij Pi4 with node red, I use de PI relay board.

For that i can use
○ Pin 7-> Relay 4
○ Pin 11->Relay 3
○ Pin 13-> Relay 2
○ Pin 15-> Relay 1

When 2 inject nodes (with payload 1 and 0) connecting gpio-out. Its switching the relays in this version
under de GPIO i get N/A:0 or N/A:1 while the out put to the debug node is 0 or 1 depening on the selected injet. I discover the change 3 week ago a new release of node-red-node-pi-gpio 1.0.9 to 1.2.0
does anyone discoverd the same and how can go back to the release before to see if it cause by this new release. Any help wile be nice.

Anyway i tested the relay board with python script and that worked

Chris

To go back to a previous version go into your .node-red folder and run
npm install node-red-node-pi-gpio@1.0.9
then restart node-red. To go back to the latest you can use the Manage Palette option in node-red.

Did you use the recommended script to install node red as in https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/raspberrypi.

I don't understand what you mean by under de GPIO i get N/A:0 or N/A:1. Can you explain what you mean or post a screen shot? You can paste an image in here directly.

Colin,

You are really active on the forum, its almost a full job, Compliments
the reason that it is not working is that i use docker. The setup i used can be found here

When using docker the conventional GPIO is not supported. You must use gpiod module. and have separated daemon running in the Docker container. It's specified in de help documentation. however, I didn't realise. To break out a container you need to do always something extra.

Chris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.