Pins Not available

Can someone helped i've been having problems on my raspberry pi where PINS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OUTPUT. Why is that so, I've been using Node-red and the input are working well.

Cris, it would be helpful it you provided a little more information. No one else knows that nodes you are using, what GPIO pins you are trying to access or what you are trying to accomplish so any advice would be an utter guess.

So knowing I'm asking someone else to give me some of their free time (remember, no one is paid to provide support) here is what I always try to provide when opening a thread

1. the version of of node-red, node.js and the dashboard (if it is involved) which can all be gotten fron the node-red startup log
  2. the full name of any 'extra' node you are using (like node-red-contrib-fs or node-red-contrib-qrdecode)
  3. I create a small flow that demonstrated the issue which includes data that will create the problem - so if data is coming in from mqtt, I capture the data (put a debug on the mqtt-in node) and then create a function node to build that same msg that came in so the person helping me can recreate the issue
  4. an export of that flow
  5. a complete description of any extra hardware that might be involved
  6. the OS and release that NR is running on and the name of the browser I'm using

This is work for you, but makes it easier for someone else to recreate and help figure out your problem.

Welcome to Node-RED

1 Oct 19:52:08 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.1.2
1 Oct 19:52:08 - [info] Node.js version: v12.18.2
1 Oct 19:52:08 - [info] Linux 4.19.118-v7+ arm LE
1 Oct 19:52:10 - [info] Loading palette nodes
1 Oct 19:52:15 - [info] +-----------------------------------------------------
1 Oct 19:52:15 - [info] | uibuilder initialised:
1 Oct 19:52:15 - [info] | root folder: /home/pi/aero-backend/$Home/node-red/uibuilder
1 Oct 19:52:15 - [info] | version . .: 2.0.8
1 Oct 19:52:15 - [info] | packages . : vue,bootstrap,bootstrap-vue,jquery,socket.io
1 Oct 19:52:15 - [info] +-----------------------------------------------------
1 Oct 19:52:15 - [info] Dashboard version 2.23.0 started at /api/dashboard
/bin/sh: 1: /home/pi/aero-backend//node-red/node_modules/node-red-node-pi-gpio/testgpio.py: not found
1 Oct 19:52:16 - [warn] rpi-gpio : Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive
1 Oct 19:52:16 - [info] HTTP Static : /home/pi/Downloads
1 Oct 19:52:16 - [info] Context store : 'default' [module=memory]
1 Oct 19:52:16 - [info] User directory : /home/pi/aero-backend/$Home/node-red/
1 Oct 19:52:16 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
1 Oct 19:52:16 - [info] Flows file : /home/pi/aero-backend/$Home/node-red/flows.json

Just to check. You aren’t trying to use the same pin twice ? It can’t be both an input and an output.

notice the double slashes??

How did you install node-red?
also you only answered 1 out of the 6 items I requested.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.