Pipe RTSP - Cam (live) video stream to YouTube?

Hi ho folks :slight_smile:

After I got all my cams working with Node Red by using ffmpeg / kevin s nodes. I was thinking to live-stream the interesting stuff (chicken cams) to YouTube. With this idea I am not the first:
https://discourse.nodered.org/t/use-ffmpeg-to-convert-rstp-stream-to-mp4
Does anybody got that working ?

I believe YT does not support rtsp. You should think of something to be able to push rtmp instead.

The cam (Reolink) does support rtmp. But any idea how to push that to YT ?

I am not a live youtuber, but I recall from doing some tests in the past that, when you start a live stream you get a RTMP endpoint that you have to use to point the stream to it.

Have a look at some OBS demo, and you'll see how they set the whole thing up. All you would need to do is pointing the cam as if it was OBS.

But again, I am not into live streaming to YT myself. :slightly_smiling_face:

thx for sharing your knowledge :slight_smile:
I am no youtuber too. Just think it would be fun to share some chicken cams I have running at my garden or so. Maybe there is someone here who had done this before. Since ffmpeg has grown so big I better ask before messing around with it options and developing the wheel by new.

ok, got it working:

ffmpeg -f lavfi -i anullsrc -rtsp_transport udp -i rtsp://login:pass@192.168.0.52:554/h264Preview_01_main -tune zerolatency -vcodec libx264 -t 12:00:00 -pix_fmt + -c:v copy -c:a aac -strict experimental -f flv rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/YoutubeStreamKey
1 Like

I can't see any chickens...

lol, where are you looking for them ? I didn´t post an url. I just tested around and will integrate it as an option to my node red later. I will post an url when the setup is ready if you are interested in chicken. (To get it clear I do mean the chicken with wings and not boobs)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.