So just an update for everybody on this topic. Here are the things I did to bring it back to life. I have no idea which one of these actually worked, but it's working.
I ended up going into Chrome and resetting the browser to it's default settings, clearing the cache and history and restarting the computer and that did it.
I also restarted the Pi for good measure and deleted all my instances of Play Audio, and uninstalled the node from the pallet. Restarted the Pi and then re-installed and put the Play Audio back in my flows.
I also disabled all my extentions. Once I had it working, I enabled them one by one to make sure there wasn't any conflicts.
Hope one of these works for someone if they have the same issues.