Play Audio Node Not Playing Audio

The play audio node was working up until yesterday (7/13/21) and now it's broken. I haven't updated Node Red, the Play Audio node nor Chrome. Tried it in Edge and still no audio. Audio works on the PC. Tried my laptop, same issue. Tried a different voice....nada....

Anybody else Play Audio node just stop working?

What I have running Play Audio and Audio Out (for dashboard) work fine still.

Nothing (hopefully :stuck_out_tongue: ) is going to reach out from the internet to randomly change it... something at your end must have changed.

I should add that at times when I am over-clicking the "Speak" button (doing too much too fast) there can be a significant delay. I suspect this is more in my browsers TTS system than a NR issue.

So just an update for everybody on this topic. Here are the things I did to bring it back to life. I have no idea which one of these actually worked, but it's working.

I ended up going into Chrome and resetting the browser to it's default settings, clearing the cache and history and restarting the computer and that did it.

I also restarted the Pi for good measure and deleted all my instances of Play Audio, and uninstalled the node from the pallet. Restarted the Pi and then re-installed and put the Play Audio back in my flows.

I also disabled all my extentions. Once I had it working, I enabled them one by one to make sure there wasn't any conflicts.

Hope one of these works for someone if they have the same issues.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.