Pop Up Message a la "WinPop"

G'day Professors!

As a relative newbie but learning as I go, I am looking for a SIMPLE message pop up method....

I would like to direct a one liner to a specific ip address - (A bit like the WinPop command)...

Preferably to be a pop up on either a smartphone/tablet/desktop pc - This is for a local intranet to warn me of an occurrence in node red - (O/S based, not browser dependent)

I have Telegram installed and use it for when I am offsite, but internet reliability is a problem on my site, so when sending "local" messages via telegram, they sometimes take minutes, sometimes even longer, to come through...

One of my urgent "to do" items is to set up a small security node monitoring my electric fence(amongst others) - when it is triggered or cut, I need a pop up post haste...

Any Ideas?

Regds
Ed

You could try node-red-contrib-sysmessage

Thanx Colin,

Unfortumanately it looks like it only supports voice alerts (TTS) on Linux...

Regds
Ed

If all the remote clients are running Node-RED then there used to be an app called growl that works with the prowl node.

@dceejay

Unfortunately not... There is one XP laptop, three Fedora boxes and one or two android phones I want to push out to... All on the local network...

Regds
Ed

Well I thunk fedora can use the notify node (if running Node-RED) - but yeah it's not really a Node-RED problem.

@dceejay

Yeh... agreed that its not a NR Problem... But hey... With all the brains out there, I can but hope!!

E

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.