[PR Discussion]Debug default node label text

At the beginning of this discussion, I asked

If no name defined on debug node and only node status is selected - default the node label to "status"

If the gray dot is there under that condition (which its not in the current github codebase) then I'd be very happy :slight_smile:

My attempt No 17 a couple of posts ago was an amended request which I'd glady drop if my first one could be achieved

Just to clarify - I don't mean defaulting the node label to status - I'd just be happy to have any visual solution to being able to tell that only node status is selected

OK - final thoughts before we close this down...
If status mode on - show grey ring at start - and grey dot as soon as a message arrives (and from then on)
If status mode off - don't show anything
If to sidebar on - show button on right (as per today)
If to sidebar off - hide button on right (as it would have no effect) - Not yet implemented - would be next release

If status mode on - show grey ring at start - and grey dot as soon as a message arrives (and from then on)

That sounds a good idea :slight_smile:

If status mode off - don't show anything

I think we are ALL agreed on that one :slight_smile:

If to sidebar on - show button on right (as per today)

Of course :slight_smile:

If to sidebar off - hide button on right (as it would have no effect) - Not yet implemented - would be next release

Where do you want the case of Kruger sending? :slight_smile:

PS You might want to do a bit of ORing with console on as well as sidebar on - I don't use it myself but the ones that do would probably want the button available if console on was selected

the button has NEVER affected the console output - so not an issue.
They are now all independent.

2 Likes