Progress circular

I am playing around with v-progress-circular in the template node. I added the below code to the template node and when I inject the percentage as a number in msg.payload it updates the progress:
chrome_Wi5VVOaNIa

Nice, this is the code in template:

<template>
    <v-progress-circular :rotate="-90" :size="100" :width="15" :model-value="value" color="red">
        {{ value }}%
    </v-progress-circular>
<template>

<script>
    export default {
        data() {
            // define variables available component-wide
            // (in <template> and component functions)
            return {
                value: 0
            }
        },
        watch: {
            // watch for any changes of "count"
        },
        computed: {
            // automatically compute this variable
            // whenever VueJS deems appropriate
        },
        methods: {
            // expose a method to our <template> and Vue Application
        },
        mounted() {
            // code here when the component is first loaded
        },
        unmounted() {
            // code here when the component is removed from the Dashboard
            // i.e. when the user navigates away from the page
        }
    }
</script>

Question 1: I understand that I expose the value field in data but I don't understand how my payload got mapped to the value field?

Question 2: I added a copy of this template to the group, given it a different color, and other properties, and also connected to my function node which increments the value for testing. But when I added the second template, the first stopped working. And when I change the first and deploy, it starts working and the other one stops. Why is that?

1 Like

You would need to share a flow that demonstrate this. It is possible it is a bug but just as likely to be a PEBCAK issue

Sure, I added a function to the watch now based on an example I found:

[{"id":"1c3c50b902f0ce1a","type":"ui-template","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","group":"15a4ba9c21910ccf","page":"","ui":"","name":"Teal progress ","order":0,"width":"2","height":"2","head":"","format":"<template>\n        <v-progress-circular :rotate=\"360\" :size=\"100\" :width=\"15\" :model-value=\"value\" color=\"teal\">\n            {{ value }}%\n        </v-progress-circular>\n</template>\n\n<script>\n    export default {\n        data() {\n            // define variables available component-wide\n            // (in <template> and component functions)\n            return {\n                value: 0\n            }\n        },\n        watch: {\n            // watch for any changes of \"count\"\n            msg: function(){        \n                if(this.msg.payload != undefined){\n                    if(typeof this.msg.payload === \"number\"){                   \n                        value = msg.payload;\n                    }                  \n                }\n            }\n        },\n        computed: {\n            // automatically compute this variable\n            // whenever VueJS deems appropriate\n        },\n        methods: {\n            // expose a method to our <template> and Vue Application\n        },\n        mounted() {\n            // code here when the component is first loaded\n        },\n        unmounted() {\n            // code here when the component is removed from the Dashboard\n            // i.e. when the user navigates away from the page\n        }\n    }\n</script>\n","storeOutMessages":true,"passthru":true,"resendOnRefresh":true,"templateScope":"local","className":"","x":600,"y":2300,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"7ca0f74e2ea174b2","type":"inject","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"0.25","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":200,"y":2300,"wires":[["e63f192e812d621c"]]},{"id":"e63f192e812d621c","type":"function","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","name":"Increase value","func":"let value = context.get(\"value\") ?? 0;\n\nvalue++;\nif (value>100) value=0;\ncontext.set(\"value\", value);\n\nmsg.payload = value;\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"timeout":0,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":390,"y":2300,"wires":[["1c3c50b902f0ce1a","c824f4b3c425f0ec"]]},{"id":"c824f4b3c425f0ec","type":"ui-template","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","group":"15a4ba9c21910ccf","page":"","ui":"","name":"Red progress ","order":0,"width":"2","height":"2","head":"","format":"<template>\n    <v-progress-circular :rotate=\"-90\" :size=\"100\" :width=\"15\" :model-value=\"value\" color=\"red\">\n        {{ value }}%\n    </v-progress-circular>\n<template>\n\n<script>\n    export default {\n        data() {\n            // define variables available component-wide\n            // (in <template> and component functions)\n            return {\n                value: 0\n            }\n        },\n        watch: {\n            // watch for any changes of \"count\"\n            msg: function(){        \n                if(this.msg.payload != undefined){\n                    if(typeof this.msg.payload === \"number\"){                   \n                        value = msg.payload;\n                    }                  \n                }\n            }\n        },\n        computed: {\n            // automatically compute this variable\n            // whenever VueJS deems appropriate\n        },\n        methods: {\n            // expose a method to our <template> and Vue Application\n        },\n        mounted() {\n            // code here when the component is first loaded\n        },\n        unmounted() {\n            // code here when the component is removed from the Dashboard\n            // i.e. when the user navigates away from the page\n        }\n    }\n</script>\n","storeOutMessages":true,"passthru":true,"resendOnRefresh":true,"templateScope":"local","className":"","x":600,"y":2340,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"15a4ba9c21910ccf","type":"ui-group","name":"Progress","page":"f4063f293f6a82bd","width":"6","height":"2","order":-1,"showTitle":true,"className":"","visible":"true","disabled":"false"},{"id":"f4063f293f6a82bd","type":"ui-page","name":"Testing new design","ui":"cb79bc4520925e32","path":"/designtest","icon":"home","layout":"grid","theme":"0d92c765bfad87e6","order":-1,"className":"","visible":"true","disabled":"false"},{"id":"cb79bc4520925e32","type":"ui-base","name":"My UI","path":"/dashboard","includeClientData":true,"acceptsClientConfig":["ui-notification","ui-control"],"showPathInSidebar":false},{"id":"0d92c765bfad87e6","type":"ui-theme","name":"Basic Blue Theme","colors":{"surface":"#4d58ff","primary":"#0094ce","bgPage":"#eeeeee","groupBg":"#ffffff","groupOutline":"#cccccc"},"sizes":{"pagePadding":"12px","groupGap":"12px","groupBorderRadius":"4px","widgetGap":"12px"}}]

Sorry I should have said, I'm not in a position to check this out today (but I'm sure someone will pop in and have a look at some point)

It is not urgent, I am just playing with various components. Moved to timeline in the time being :slight_smile:

This works fine for me. Also for copied instances.

<template>
        <v-progress-circular :rotate="-90" :size="100" :width="15" :model-value="value" color="teal">
            {{value}}
        </v-progress-circular>
</template>

<script>
    export default {
        data() {
            return {               
            }
        },
            msg: function(){            
                if(this.msg.payload != undefined){                    
                    this.value = this.msg.payload                    
                }
            }
        }
    }
</script>

This also works (I believe this.value is the cure)

<template>
    <v-progress-circular :rotate="-90" :size="100" :width="15" :model-value="value" color="green">
        {{ value }}%
    </v-progress-circular>
<template>

<script>
    export default {
        data() {
            // define variables available component-wide
            // (in <template> and component functions)
            return {
            }
        },

// watch for any changes of "count"
            msg: function() {        

}

},

computed: {
            // automatically compute this variable
            // whenever VueJS deems appropriate
        },
        methods: {
            // expose a method to our <template> and Vue Application
        },

mounted() {
            // code here when the component is first loaded
            this.$socket.on("msg-input:" + this.id, (msg) => {
                if (msg.payload !== undefined){
                    if (typeof msg.payload === "number"){                   
                        this.value = msg.payload

}

}

}
        },
        unmounted() {
            // code here when the component is removed from the Dashboard
            // i.e. when the user navigates away from the page
        }
    }
</script>

1 Like

Thanks guys. Not sure what the issue was initially, it works for me as well. Definitely after adding this.value. Sometimes after I deploy I also need to refresh the browser, but that should be the least of my worries.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.