Project industry 4.0

has anyone related projects of indusra 4.0?
machine talks about sql
and production to machine
reading data and statistics from sql?

Yes. I use Node-Red running on RaspberryPi to log process variables to sql server. Also chart them on dashboard.

I’ve also built a bar code verification app using node-red.

Next project is to build a functioning alarm list with history. Also with acknowledge/clear commands and states.

I've also created an Andon screen which is displaying OEE/A/P/Q for

• present day
  • current month (reading data form SQL database through MSSQL node)
  • fiscal year (reading data form SQL database through MSSQL node)
    By fetching tag values from OMRON PLC using fins node. the nodes are running on raspberry pi in kiosk mode.

Now trying to work on a dashboard page for shop floor entries like machine breakdown reasons with duration, rejection entries with reasons.

Not much work is shared in Node-RED related to industry 4.0 but has worked out for me by taking small part form various flows shared by many good users.

1 Like

We have been using Node-RED for our low power wireless sensor gateway dashboard, as seen here:Wireless gateway GU200 The gateway controls the wireless ultra low power sensors and receive data, visualize the data and perform some analysis too.

For us, the biggest advantage of Node-RED is the data visualization and the flexibility to expand functions quickly. It is also open source, which means that there is a good community to support it.

1 Like

Well...we at ST-One have been using Node-RED successfully in our projects since 2016. We have more then 250 installations, in 15 different countries. All of them using Node-RED running directly in the edge (with our own hardware) and sometimes in the server side.
It took us 3 years of R&D to develop it in a secure way, so that we could guarantee cyber security and industrial robustness.
During this journey we developed very famous nodes like S7, Ehternet/IP, OPC/DA, Fanuc Focas, Mitsubishi USB, Micrologix PCCC, Atlas Copco Open Protocol, and many many others. some of them are open to the community, some are not.

2 Likes

Hi @machadotiago may I ask, why are some of the nodes not open source? Is it because the contract for you to develop them stated this? If so, I struggle to understand the mentality considering how the community and openness of open source find and highlight bugs in an open repository. I reference the amount of closed source bugs in Microsoft software! I would always strongly encourage the buyer to seriously consider the benefits of open source far outweigh any perceived loss. Let's not forget node-red itself is open source and they benefit directly from that very same community from the bug reports and testers.

1 Like

Hi @Steve-Mcl, I think we already had this discussion in some other topic here in this forum, but I can answer that at any time.
The reason why (only a few) nodes are not publicly open source is simply a business decision. In some projects we have to show our value against some competitors that use the same architecture then us. That's why we have to keep some nodes for internal use only, during some period.
Important to notice that it is just a very small portion, less than 10% of our stack, that is not publicly available.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.