Raspberry Pi device running Node-RED

Did anyone try the Raspsberry Pi device reComputer R1000, which is called as an Edge AIoT gateway/controller? How is it? Working smoothly with Node-RED for real applications?
Just saw they posted a bunch of wikis and demos running Node-RED there on the device, MQTT, OPCUA, BACnet, Modbus, and MING-STACK.

1 Like

I have not used one, but it appears to be based on standard Pi CM4 hardware, and they recommend the standard way of installing node red on a Pi, so it is not like some hardware that comes with an old version of node red and cannot be updated.

1 Like

I used the reTerminal for half a year which also is based on the cm4. Worked good, but i rather just buy a normal raspberry pi 5 or rpi 4.

1 Like

I'm a big fan of Seeed devices, as they often come with additional features. I’m currently using their latest reComputer version to create an Automation Pyramid simulation for my students. The setup supports Modbus TCP/RTU and BACnet IPs. I've also installed an MQTT broker to demonstrate wireless connectivity, with ESP32 devices acting as clients to publish some sample data. Finally, I created an OPC UA server using Node-RED, following Seeed's tutorials.

2 Likes

Thats sounds like a very usefull device,
ESP32 and pi how to communication? Wifi or searial line?

If you have wifi then MQTT is a good way to communicate.

Yes. I'm using MQTT, and the mosquito broker is also installed on the reComputer . MQTT guide.