Read and Write .dat files

Hello guys, I need to read and write information in the .dat file. This file has a programming in C language. In it I have variables and logic. I would like to know if there is a way to read this file from a location on my computer, and change the values ​​of a variable. For example.

read

bool position = true

write

bool position = false.

There is a node for this?

Assuming the file is on the machine running node red (which may not be the one the browser is running in) then you can use a File In node to read the file, then make whatever changes you want and write it again using a File Out node.

Do you show me make do this? Please

Tks

The fact that you have to ask this makes me think you must be a beginner with node-red. If so then I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Thaks for you help. I am watch this playlist

I notice that you stopped replying on your earlier thread, leaving it unsolved. If you found the cause of the problem you should post it on that thread so that others who find it may be helped.

Yes Colin, thanks for you reminder.

Best regards

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.