Read data from InfluxDB

Hi,

I'm rather new to Node Red and have a probably simple question.

I want to read data from an InfluxDB, so added a node for "influxdb in" and a "msg.payload". Than I connected the InfluxDB node and added a valid select. If I deploy the workflow nothing happens. I also can add data to the InfluxDB but nothing happens.

Do I have to trigger the reading in any way? Especially because there is an ingoing connector on the nodes icon.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Hi, welcome to the forum. Posting your flow here will enable members to be able to help.

It's quite basic:

[{"id":"47849e67.1dce4","type":"tab","label":"MyFirstFlow_HW","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"b6d59706.4d4688","type":"influxdb in","z":"47849e67.1dce4","influxdb":"9fbf2890.9bddd","name":"Query","query":"SELECT * FROM nkktable.autogen.NKK WHERE time > now() - 1d GROUP BY position","rawOutput":false,"precision":"ms","retentionPolicy":"","x":370,"y":200,"wires":[["4dcc4f59.05bcf8"]]},{"id":"4dcc4f59.05bcf8","type":"debug","z":"47849e67.1dce4","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","x":570,"y":200,"wires":},{"id":"9fbf2890.9bddd","type":"influxdb","z":"","hostname":"127.0.0.1","port":"8086","protocol":"http","database":"nkktable","name":"NKK-influx","usetls":false,"tls":""}]

Please see this post for how to share a flow here. You can edit your previous post accordingly rather than posting it again.
However, to answer your question, yes you have to send the node a message to get it to run the query. Often the message will contain data that can modify the query (as described in the info panel for the node), but if the configuration contains a fixed query then any message will do. For testing you can just connect an Inject node to it.

Ok, the inject-node did the job.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.