Request - stop quick transition between tabs being treated as a tab double click

If you quickly click from tab A to tab B, Node-red treats it as if you have double-clicked on tab B, and brings up the 'edit flow' dialog.

It should only do this if you have double clicked on the same tab, otherwise just select Tab B

What browser are you using?

Do you mean click tab A and immediately click tab B?

As well as telling us the browser, what hardware/OS are you running the browser on?

Hi Colin,

Yes, click Tab A, and then click tab B fairly quickly (maybe within 0.5 secs).
You could ask why I'm clicking so quickly, but it's not intentional, it just happens as I'm navigating or flicking between tabs trying to find something

I'm using Chrome Version 98.0.4758.80 (Official Build) (x86_64) which is currently the latest
OSX 11.6.2 (Big Sur)

Thanks

1 Like

Not happening in Edge (Chromium) on W10. Version 98.0.1108.43 (Official build) (64-bit).

I'm no expert but I don't think that NR is doing its own mouse click timing - it's just reacting to whatever events your OS is supplying.

I'd suggest either slowing down on tab switching or adjusting your mouse settings

Yes we are.

@carpii can you confirm what version of Node-RED you are using? I thought I had resolved this a while ago.

I can recreate this on latest dev branch with Chrome on Mac. (have to be quick though - and not hit the hide tab button by mistake... Quite hard tbh... but I'm not a gamer :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.