'Ring' camera motion event?

Hi everyone,

I just installed a ring outdoor camera and am now trying to trigger events in my smarthome when the camera detects any motion. Unfortunatelly I don't get it working.

iobroker does not send motions that are or are not detected to node-red and the node-red adapters that I found also do not send events. After searching arround for a bit I also found the hint that I shall hook into alexa - but the alexa endpoint just gives me the information that the device is present - no "motion" endpoint that I could listen.

Has anybody got that working and can help how to set it up?

Thx!

Your topic title is 'Ring doorbell camera motion event?'
...whilst your opening line says;

Is it a Ring doorbell, or is it a Ring outdoor camera?

Have a look at this topic which I created some time ago (and still works today) for obtaining alerts from the Ring doorbell.
Both devices I suspect will use a similar 'Alexa' background function.

1 Like

Hi @Paul-Reed ,

it is indeed an outdoor camera. I used the "Ring Doorbell" line to identify the brand. I guess just "Ring" would have been enough.

I'll check the link you provided...

Allright, I checked the tut you provided and followed all the steps as mentioned. Sounds absolutely good and understandable. I had no trouble wo walk all the steps through.

But...
I still do not receive any event in node-red.

I did the same already before in order to debug. I created a routine and requested the camera to send me a push notification when a motion is detected - all out of the alexa app, so no "integration" issue can come up. I also do not receive these push notifications.

Something is wrong over here...

The camera itself records fine and I can see the push notifications from ring itself on my phone. But the camera does not talk to anyone else...

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.