Segmentation fault trying to start node-red on a Raspberry Pi 3

Hi,
My node-red installation was running just fine, until I had to reboot the Raspberry Pi where it was installed on. I did a sudo reboot and after the pi restarted, node-red didn't start automatically like I had configured it to do. A node-red start returned the error Segmentation fault.

What does this mean and what could have caused this?

Thanks,
Ron

Is everything else running ok, for example try

npm -v
node -v

If they are ok then run command

node-red-start

and post the result here please. You can copy/paste from the terminal using Ctrl-Shift-C

Hi Colin,
Thank you for responding. Both commands npm -v and node -v result in the same Segmentation fault error.

In that case I think your SD card is probably corrupted (or curried as Google wanted to say). You could try running the pi upgrade script to see if it recovered but I fear you will have to back to your last image backup or start again. If you can still access the flow file then take a copy first obviously.

Thanks Colin.
I have tried to run the upgrade script, but that didn't help. I quess a fresh start is next.

I don't know which SD card you are using, but if you are using cheap or even unbranded ones then throw them away (or at least keep them for less critical uses). Buy good ones and in my experience you are much less likely to suffer from corrupted cards. I have had good experiences with Sanyo cards.
Also it is worth making an image backup once you get something basically running so you can go back to that rather than having to start from scratch.