Send a selfie picture from a mobile device to node-red server

Hi Wym,
We had a rather similar question recently. Based on that question I started experimenting with my dashboard's camera and I developed a UI node to capture camera images from my dashboard's camera.

That (experimental) UI-node worked, but I had a number of open issues (which is why I haven't shared it yet with the community). My main problem was that I had to tell my browser a number of things:

• Which resolution I want, from a range of available solutions.
  • Which camera I want to use, from the available camera's (front, back, ...)
  • Which format I want, from a list of available formats (jpeg, png, ...)

A user needs to specify all these settings in the node's config screen (which is running at the server side). But suppose 2 dashboards are connected to the server. One phone has 1 camera, and the other phone has 2 camera's:

In the config screen I don't know which clients are connected, so I cannot determine what they offer. At the moment you open the config screen, perhaps even no clients are connected at the moment ... So I don't know what options to show in the config screen, because I don't know the capabilities of the client :woozy_face:

If anybody knows how to solve this problem, please let me know so I can publish a beta version of this experimental node ...

Bart

2 Likes