Send images from machine A to machine B

Hello Dear.

I have a PC (machine A) which is installed node red - It is in a particular network.

I want to send pictures (screenshots of web pages) to machine B - which is not in the same network.

How do you suggest to do it? How can I post the pictures?

I read all the topics here about screenshots, but I didn't find the solution.

Thanks all!

Take care and stay home!

What about using something like Telegram?

If you need to transfer images between multiple Node-RED instances, I would advise to send those via MQTT. You can find on this forum that others (like e.g. @krambriw) do it like that, like in this discussion:

Bart

If they are not in the same network (by which I assume that you mean you need to go out across the internet) then you have to be careful with security if using MQTT. If something like telegram provides what you need then that that is probably easier to setup than a secure MQTT connection.

I thought telegram didn't like bot -> bot connections ?
Maybe email would be sufficient ?

Good point.

Correct, but would it need to be bot to bot? From the OP description, hard to tell, at least for me :face_with_monocle:

well machine to machine sounds like no human involved... no mention of mobile etc... so I'm playing % chance.

terrible odds :money_mouth_face:

but high enough the raise the flag that it's worth checking before heading down that path and wasting time.

I think mqtt or Email would probably be the easiest. The Email security issues are pretty well known and handled for you by the provider. For mqtt I'd consider a cloud based mqtt broker service and leave security issues to the pros.

I didn't have much luck with Telegram, but then I didn't put a lot of effort into it, using Email and our phone provider's Email to MMS gateway ended up being the simplest solution to push AI filtered security camera images to our phones. But not all providers have Email to MMS gateways.

If an intermediary storage is an option: having machine A uploading the pictures it to Dropbox and machine B retrieving them from there.

Hello everyone.

Thank you for your attention and quick answer! I really appreciate that!

The reason for it is basically: At my company I have a lot of dashboard about our suppliers, and I want to show the dashboard to our suppliers (because they can see how their product status and level - and predict the next delivery)

My ideia is: take screenshots of the dashboard each 19 minuts and post it.

My difficult is: what channel can I use to post? Do you have suggestions? I think site is the best way but it can be expensive, right? Or there is a way to post images free? (Mybluemix maybe)

Thanks again.

You have restated your question but have not commented on the multiple suggestions already made. Have you investigated all of those?

Tbh, that seems (to me) to be somewhat of an ugly hack. I don't mean to sound disrespectful - you may well have solid reasons for this path - but it is honestly the absolute last place I'd go.

There are many other options for example, have you considered feeding them the data only so they can generate their own dashboards? You could quite easily achieve this by using a secured mqtt broker or use an automated email address. You also get the benefit of controlling what is exposed.

Or have your dashboards available via VPN or via the internet (secured of course)

How about you (or them) setup an FTP server and have data (or hacky automated screen shots) dumped there every X minutes.

I am sure you realise, I am only scratching the surface here.

There are of course commercial offering but then I am assuming you want this to be a free solution.

Hello Bobo. Thanks foir your answer and attention.

No. I was thinking about post the images each 10 minutos on a web page. But i was reading the answers here, and i saw the application that @BartButenaers showed us is very similar that I want. But the difference is that I want to record my own screen.

Sorry, I will think better about this problem.

Thank you again!!

Hello, Bart.

I've just seen this application. I will read more attentively because the topic is very huge!

But I think that is the better example... But if I want to share on internet, shall I post on a bluemix?

Thnak you!

Hello Colin. Thank you for your attention and patience.

So, this weekend I read a lot of MQTT protocol, and you are right, this is the best way to do it. But the other way to do it is like @BartButenaers showed us.

I'm studying a way to do it, because if I want to post the image on a web page, I must to contract a service (like bkuemix), right?

Thank you!!

Dceejay. I understood your point and you is completely right in my vision.

But I'm a stupid guy, because I didn't explain correctly my application.

The reason for it is basically: At my company I have a lot of dashboard about our suppliers, and I want to show the dashboard to our suppliers (because they can see how their product status and level - and predict the next delivery)

My ideia is: take screenshots of the dashboard each 19 minuts and post it.

My difficult is: what channel can I use to post? Do you have suggestions? I think site is the best way but it can be expensive, right? Or there is a way to post images free? (Mybluemix maybe)

I think it is better to post on a web page. The users only can see images, nothing more.

Thank you. Your point made me think a lot!!

wb666greene. Yes!!

I read a lot and MQTT is the best way. You are right.

I'm very interested the way that @BartButenaers showed us!

Thank you!