Send message alternatig to two different outputs (display the time on Wled Matrix with blinking dots)

Hello Dear Node Red users,

I need again your help, I'm trining to figure it out since yesterday without any luck (no code writing experience).

I want to send a time stamp to a node, each second, the output should toggle, the timestamp should be once diverted to Output 1, second time to Output 2, and than again to Output 1.

I share with you what I want to achive. Maybe there is a even more neater solution.

I want to use a 8x32 Led Martix with Wled to display a stationary clock with blinking dots.
As default Wled can only display HH:MM:SS in a scrolling form. I don't need the seconds, don't want to have the time scrolling.

The only solution which I have found, is to send the time in text format to WLED, once with dots 23:12, once without 23 12. In this way the dots are blinking and I know that my server is allive. I'm using a really dirty solution whith 2 gates which are toggled alternativelly. The problem is by interupting this flow, both gates will toggle in the same status. I would need to interlock them somehow, but have no ideea.

Help is apreciated.

Have a great evening,

Try this

[{"id":"2755fd85aca0cdfe","type":"inject","z":"65617ffeb779f51c","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"1","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":130,"y":3600,"wires":[["abb631d039e735bc"]]},{"id":"abb631d039e735bc","type":"change","z":"65617ffeb779f51c","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"$moment().format(\"HH\" & ($round($$.payload / 1000) % 2 = 0 ? \":\" : \" \") & \"mm\")","tot":"jsonata"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":280,"y":3620,"wires":[["096da5809c5ea86c"]]},{"id":"096da5809c5ea86c","type":"debug","z":"65617ffeb779f51c","name":"debug 252","active":true,"tosidebar":false,"console":false,"tostatus":true,"complete":"payload","targetType":"msg","statusVal":"payload","statusType":"auto","x":510,"y":3560,"wires":[]}]
1 Like

Thanks again E1cid! It works great!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.