Sendgrid substitution tags not working

Hi,

I'm designing a IoT platform with notification.
The notifications will be send using the sendgrid and I want to insert data from my platform in the e-mail using substitution tags.

However the email sends just fine only my data never shows up in the actual e-mail.
Does anyone know what I did wrong?
I included a data packet that get's passed to the sendgrid node + a picture of the HTML.

With kind regards
Sébastien

Which node exactly are you using? Is it a sendgrid node?

Hi,

I'm using the following node.

Looking at its readme, I don't see any mention of it doing templating of the payload you pass it.

It isn't a node I'm familiar with, so it's possible it has been updated without the readme to match. Does its help text in the editor (under the help sidebar) mention anything about templating?

If not, then you'd have to do the templating before passing to the sendgrid node - for example, using the core Template node.

Looking at the code it probably should be ​msg​.​templateData​ not msg.payload.dynamic_template_data

Thanks Ben. Looks like the readme has fallen a long way behind what the node can do.

Hi,

Thanks for the info this did the trick.
How did you manage to find the node source code?

With kind regards
Sébastien

In the sidebar of the node's page on flows.nodered.org is a link labelled "View on GitHub". That takes you to its source code repository.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.