Serial In Node - TXD Serial, 5V TTL Level into Pi 3b

Hi everyone, thanks for looking and any help available. I'm a newbie so apologies for any errors I make. BTW LOVING node-red, unfortunately it has sparked a flurry of potential "projects"...

I'm trying to read data from an antenna (HDX AM 134.2K). The output is TXD serial card number output, 5V TTL Level. I've connected this via RS232 to usb to the Pi 3b. (is this correct or should I use a usb cable and connect the data+ to the output terminal of the antenna?)

When I "lsusb" I get; Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter.
There's an LED on the antenna so I know it is reading the tag, and the usb is identified in the Pi 3b.

My problem is how I communicate this data into node-red... how do I get the ASCII reading?

In node-red I have Serial-In node... /dev/ttyUSB0:9600-8N2 but nothing coming up in the debug msg.payload (under the serial in node it says connected).

Thank you for any help, really appreciated, the forums have been a great source of information.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.