Serial (UART) disconnections

Hi, i'm using Node-red on RPI 4 B to obtain serial (UART) data from device, everything seems to be ok but iv'e noticed that the connection hangs from time to time without noticeable pattern but with the following error in DMESG:

"cp210x ttyUSB0: usb_serial_generic_read_bulk_callback - urb stopped: -32"

when im disconnecting and reconnecting the USB or resetting the USB it does work but the issue is that during that time im missing some data (i made script \ service that looking for the DMESG error and perform reboot to the USB automatically)

Kernel version: 5.4.79-v7l+
Node-red version: v1.2.6
Nodejs version: 14.15.2

did someone faced something similar or has some inputs how to solve this problem permanently ?

thanks in advance

It seems to be quite a common problem, see this link for example, whether it helps or not I don't know. https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2406

Hi Colin, thanks for the reply, i appreciate it - however, i already reviewed the link you proposed and tried to downgrade to full speed USB (dwc_otg.speed=1) with no success, i thought that someone here might have some better trick or updated solution

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.