Set a value in a calender

Hi guys,
I'm very new to node-red and I am very unexperienced in all kinds of programming but I try my best.

I'm currently building a heater for new screed.

I have to set a certain temperature on day 1 (specific date) and then different temp on day 2. This is sent to a servo which controls the heating apparatus.

at best I'd like to have a calender on node-red UI, where I can set a value per date.

any ideas how i could address this topic...

many thanks
karl

Welcome to the forums @emir122

Given Node RED can be extended to the Skys and back, I'll address 2 topics with you.

at best I'd like to have a calender on node-red UI

If you mean the UI as in the flow editor, you wouldn't necessarily see a calendar in here, at least not in the traditional sense, if you want a UI or a dashboard of some kind, your options are.

I have to set a certain temperature on day 1 (specific date) and then different temp on day 2. This is sent to a servo which controls the heating apparatus.

By far the below is what you are looking

Where I am going with this, is that Node RED is full of extensions, that facilitate your wildest dreams!

My suggestion is to start with node-red-contrib-cron-plus, and then take it from there, like setting schedules from a UI plugin - But first use it without a UI - so you get a feel of how to use Node RED.

I meant the Dashboard as UI.

Thanks for your input, iā€˜ll try cron plus.
I am sure further questions will come up :nerd_face:

If you have not already done so then watch this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.