Should the node-red install script not handle upgrade of node.js from ARM v6 to ARM v7 instruction set?

Should the node-red install script not handle upgrade of node.js from ARM v6 to ARM v7? I was expecting this to be the case, but if not just want to confirm the behavior I have seen.

1. Installed node-red on ARM v6 based device
  2. Imaged the device microSD card
  3. Power up ARM v7(v8 pi4) based device, but uses ARM v7 instruction set, with image noted above on microSD card
  4. The node-red instance runs, this was expected per my understanding
  5. Run the node-red installation script, it leaves node.js as is, did not attempt upgrade to ARM v7 instruction set variant of node.js.

I take it this is the expected behavior of the current install script for node-red?

Dave explained the expected behaviour to you in your previous thread: Can't run node-red

If it finds a suitable version of node installed it leaves it alone.

However, just wanted to confirm that was not more to the story so to speak. :slight_smile: Better to ask than assume type of thing.

Yes this is the behaviour. It means you can do what you wanted previously and have one image that works on both.

That may not be the best solution for other reasons but is what you wanted.

True. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.