Simple question and answer node

Hi all node maniacs!

I'm working on a simple Q&A node, so a node ask a simple question and depending on the answer it executes some action.

I need the simplest of this because i not rocket science what i want to do.

Something like:
Is the tank full? -- YES or NO -- If Yes --> Execute something
If No --> Execute something

All of this sending the response to telegram.

Regards,

Hi Marty, I dont think you will get many people replying with a full solution for you.

the best threads are typically where you have tried something, got stuck, posted a screenshot (or flow) of your workings and ask for help on a specific issue.

What you are asking is both simple and difficult due to lack of information (e.g. what is "the tank")

My recommendation is, try something, get stuck, ask for help.

To start you off

• the "switch" node will give you the ability to do "this" or "that" based on some YES or NO condition.
  • for telegram, install the node-red-contrib-telegrambot node and play with the built in examples.

Then try to stitch it all together.

If you are really struggling on how to start this, then i suggest 2 things...

1. Watch this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.
  2. Go through the tutorials and cookbook until you have a good feel for how things work.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.