@sinch/node-red-conversation-api

Sinch has released a package of nodes for Node-RED, which integrates with Sinch Conversation API and enables you to send and receive messages on most popular messaging services around the world.

The nodes allow you to easily create chatbots, campaigns, auto-responses and much more.

The Sinch Messaging nodes consists of six nodes:

Nodes
Start Conversation node Used to configure the channel and number/identity for the recipient of an outgoing message. Also used to set variables which will be stored in the Conversation API and available throughout the flow.
Received Message node Used to receive inbound messages from Sinch Conversation API for a specific application.
Send node Used to send a message or template using the Conversation API.
Message node Used to configure a Conversation API message. The message is defined in JSON format.
Template node Used to configure/select a template to send through the Conversation API. Templates are created and edited on the Sinch Dashboard.
Events node Used to route selected Sinch Conversation API events from the list in the configuration.

To use those nodes, you must have an account with Sinch and a Conversation API application configured with your preferred messaging channel(s). To register for a Sinch account, click here.

Hi @Hartzell - looks interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost for this service? Is there a free tier etc?

I tried looking on the site but the pricing alludes me (probably right in front of my face)

Hello Steve,

Here you can read a bit about the pricing model for the conversation api in particular: https://www.sinch.com/conversation-api/#pricing_api

But yes, there is a free tier of using the conversation API, but not all channels are free to use. So it depends on what channels you want to use.

I hope this answers your question

Why would I choose sinch over redbot for example ?

In principal they work in a similar manner. But the Sinch nodes integrates with Sinch Conversation API, which is the main benefit. One API for all channels basically. That also provides you with analytics, a message composer and a template store (in the Sinch Dashboard). In addition you have seamless transition between channels for the same customer and the possibility to store data in the conversation to be used throughout the conversation. I would recommend you to take a look at the Sinch site and read more about the API itself.