Starting node-red automatically on reboot

Hello,
I have a WIN10 Pro PC running Node-Red. When my company has a power failure I need Node-Red to automatically load and fire up, so I set it up to execute node-red.cmd on boot. Simple enough.

Upon reboot the cmd window opens up as you would expect but hangs after the 3rd line:

20 Jul 08:09:01 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.19042 x64 LE

Right before the line

20 Jul 08:09:04 - [info] Loading pallette nodes

It hangs until I interact with the window by clicking on it or moving it. It actually hung up at the Windows_NT line over the entire weekend after a brief power outage last Friday so I ended up missing almost 60 hours of data until I realized it was not running. I logged onto the machine, clicked on the cmd window, and Boom! It finished loading and fired up.

Is there any way to fix this? I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you,
JeffH

Search this forum for nssm & you can run it as a service (runs even when not logged in)

I did do several searches but obviously did not use the right terms to find it. I changed my search terms and found the answer here:

https://discourse.nodered.org/t/node-red-v0-19-4-3-minute-delay-during-startup-on-windows/3798/15

Thanks, Steve! I'll definitely check that out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.