Status/dashboard (ui_text) bug

#1

Running NR 0.19.5 and dashboard 2.12.2, this flow throws an error from the ui_text node labelled "status": "TypeError: Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined". I have confirmed that there is no error using dashboard 2.11.0. To my surprise, the ui_text node labelled "text" has no problem displaying msg.status.text from the change node. Any idea what is going on?

[{"id":"a2538336.54d59","type":"inject","z":"a9ac1147.bb6e78","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":160,"y":160,"wires":[["522a3788.07fef8","384c4a4.6113eb6","a2bf259e.0987f"]]},{"id":"522a3788.07fef8","type":"debug","z":"a9ac1147.bb6e78","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":true,"complete":"payload","x":350,"y":160,"wires":[]},{"id":"c629085c.999","type":"debug","z":"a9ac1147.bb6e78","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":true,"complete":"status.text","x":340,"y":340,"wires":[]},{"id":"1d641f14.4581a1","type":"status","z":"a9ac1147.bb6e78","name":"","scope":["522a3788.07fef8"],"x":160,"y":300,"wires":[["c629085c.999","65461783.3234e"]]},{"id":"65461783.3234e","type":"ui_text","z":"a9ac1147.bb6e78","group":"d1a7847c.1b256","order":2,"width":0,"height":0,"name":"","label":"status","format":"{{msg.status.text}}","layout":"row-spread","x":310,"y":300,"wires":[]},{"id":"384c4a4.6113eb6","type":"ui_text","z":"a9ac1147.bb6e78","group":"d1a7847c.1b256","order":1,"width":0,"height":0,"name":"","label":"payload","format":"{{msg.payload}}","layout":"row-spread","x":340,"y":100,"wires":[]},{"id":"a2bf259e.0987f","type":"change","z":"a9ac1147.bb6e78","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"status.text","pt":"msg","to":"payload","tot":"msg"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":370,"y":220,"wires":[["31d53a81.682ece","16834749.e89449"]]},{"id":"31d53a81.682ece","type":"ui_text","z":"a9ac1147.bb6e78","group":"d1a7847c.1b256","order":2,"width":0,"height":0,"name":"","label":"text","format":"{{msg.status.text}}","layout":"row-spread","x":550,"y":220,"wires":[]},{"id":"16834749.e89449","type":"debug","z":"a9ac1147.bb6e78","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":true,"complete":"status.text","x":580,"y":260,"wires":[]},{"id":"d1a7847c.1b256","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"Default","tab":"ba2286de.c8696","disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":false},{"id":"ba2286de.c8696","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"status","icon":"dashboard","order":2}]

#2

Hopefully this is the same as the issue reported here https://github.com/node-red/node-red-dashboard/issues/459
and fixed in master

#3

@dceejay Seems so. As a workaround, I just inserted a change node with msg.payload set to an empty string ahead of the mis-behaving ui_text node, and all's well. Sorry I didn't check the GitHub issues before posting.

#4

no problem.