Subflow input output wires disappear

Is someone doing a full deploy instead of flow or node deploy? Perhaps their browser needs a reload/refresh.

Lastly, have you considered someone could be messing around?

That was one of the first guesses. Although, I cannot exclude it, I have communicated it several times and everyone assured that only node deploys are done. Messing around deliberately is again something I cannot exclude but I hope it's not the case.

Given it seems to happen fairly regularly, it would be good to narrow down the circumstances.

As you have multiple developers working on the same instance, are you regularly using the merge changes option when someone else deploys whilst you're working on it? If so, as soon as you have done a merge, can you check your subflows to see if they still have the wires?

Sorry for the lag. I also suspect that it has something to do with the deploys/merges but it does not happen that regularly. I did try to catch it red handed but it's not that easy. Till now, whenever I checked the wires after a merge, all of them were fine.

I had this earlier this week - in all of my subflows, the wires that connect input & output to the rest of the nodes in the flow disappeared.

NR v1.06. The only thing I can think of, that is out of the ordinary, is that I had left my laptop browser open on a flow tab and had edited a flow using my tablet (I can't remember if it was the same tab as on my laptop). But I can't say for sure. I plan to try doing some additional testing closer to the weekend when I have more time.

1 Like

We hit this same issue once in a while as well. Nothing in the logs. This is rather critical.

@michelnev are you able to narrow it down to any activity in particular? Such as merging changes when you have two editors active at the same time?

This gets hit on occasion when importing a previously exported flow. The exported flow will import correctly most times. It's unknown if any other users were in the flow screen at the same time.

If it helps, we finally decided to use git (not the built in git project feature but externally) for collaboration. But to be able to merge and see useful conflicts for function nodes we had to change to yaml storage from the json default. Since then we haven't run into this issue again most probably because everyone works on his/her own nodered instance in a local repo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.