Syntax Error while installing new Nodes

Hello, I´m having some trouble with my Node-RED.

Node-RED [v0.16.2 ]
nodejs [v6.12.3 ]
Hardware/OS [Siemens IoT Gateway 2040, Yocto Linux ]
Browser [Chrome ]

I installed the node-red-contrib-s7comm palette and received the following error:

15 Oct 08:19:05 - [info] Installing module: node-red-contrib-s7comm
15 Oct 08:20:31 - [info] Installed module: node-red-contrib-s7comm
15 Oct 08:20:32 - [info] Added node types:
15 Oct 08:20:32 - [info] - node-red-contrib-s7comm:s7comm read : SyntaxError: Unexpected token )
15 Oct 08:20:32 - [info] - node-red-contrib-s7comm:s7comm write : SyntaxError: Unexpected token )
15 Oct 08:20:32 - [info] - node-red-contrib-s7comm:s7comm : SyntaxError: Unexpected token )

I have already searched in the s7comm.js file for incorrect syntax, but I don´t know if this is the right place to search for the error? How can I locate the exact file?

Wenn I try to use the new nodes, I get this error...

15 Oct 08:24:26 - [info] Waiting for missing types to be registered:
15 Oct 08:24:26 - [info] - s7comm read
15 Oct 08:24:26 - [info] - s7comm write
15 Oct 08:24:45 - [info] Stopping flows
15 Oct 08:24:45 - [info] Stopped flows
15 Oct 08:24:45 - [info] Waiting for missing types to be registered:
15 Oct 08:24:45 - [info] - s7comm
15 Oct 08:24:45 - [info] - s7comm read
15 Oct 08:24:45 - [info] - s7comm write

Whats does this mean? Does this have anything to do with the other error?

Hi - as I said on the issue you raised, I suspect this is due to the version of Node.js. I think that module requires node 8 and you have node 6. You will need to update your node.js version to use that module.

Hi, I tried to do this. The IoT Gateway can´t update to newer versions of node.js. I already looked in the Siemens IoT Gateway forums for a way to update.. but I will continue to look for a way to update.

Is there a way to find out which file throws the syntax error? So that I cann look through the code and correct it for this special using case?

If you look the module up on flows.nodered.org you'll see the link to its github repo. From there, you'll see it only has one .js file - https://github.com/Hilscher/node-red-contrib-s7comm/blob/master/s7comm.js

Nick

Thanks for your advice, I will try it this way.

Is suspect it is the same cause for their Issues 4 and 5 - https://github.com/Hilscher/node-red-contrib-s7comm/issues/
So if you manage to fix it several people would very much appreciate it.

I pulled the git repository, made a new branch, cherry picked an old version of the .js file and changed some lines. Thats working for me an my Gateway.

I´m going to fork the repository and link it there.

Hello, I also have problems with node-red on the Siemens IOT

Node-RED [v0.19.6 ]
nodejs [v6.8.0 ]
Hardware/OS [Siemens IoT Gateway 2040, Yocto Linux v2.2.0 ]

If the s7comm node requires a more recent version of Nodejs, I do not know how to update it.
Can anybody help me further?