Textarea is not holding the value

My text area in node is not holding the value after clicking done.

This is it ?
Are you on the correct forum ?
Is it about node-red ?

yes.
I created node that has two field one is title and second one is description,
I enter title as a single line in text input but for the description i need text area but as i type and press done it is not holding the data.
Thank you

I'm sorry to hear that.

If you share some actual detail of what you've done then we may be able to help.

1 Like

[{"id":"46c9eabb.875c64","type":"start","z":"f7e2198f.cf84a8","Title":" fffff","Name":"fff","x":660,"y":120,"wires":[],"info":"fasdfasdfadsf"}]

Hi @Sanketp, what is that bit of json meant to be telling us?

Please pause for a moment and think if you are providing all the information you could be providing.

You say you are creating your own node and that it isn't saving all of the properties from its edit dialog. But you have not shared any of your code.

This is probably going to be an issue with your node's .html file - and whether you have properly defined its properties in its defaults object and whether you have defined its <input> fields properly.

<div class="form-row">
    <label for="node-input-name"><i class="icon-tag"></i>Title</label>
    <input type="text" id="node-input-Title" placeholder="Title" style="width:70%;">
</div>
Description
  <input type="text" id="node-input-Name" placeholder="Description" >
</div>

these are two fields first one is taking input and holding it but in second one i want to have text area that could hold more lines of data not a single line. Thanks

@Sanketp once again you havent provided enough information. Please answer ALL the following questions and provice ALL the information requested

(NOTE: read How to share code or flow json before providing the information)

1. what version of Node-RED and node.js are you using?
  2. what version of node-red-dashboard are you using?
  3. are you (A) trying to create a custom node or (B) having problems using a node in your flow?

If the answer is (A) please provide the complete xxx.js and xxx.html files you are using.

If the answer if (B) please provide a copy of your flow.

<input type="text"....

You want a textarea ?

@zenofmud I know they are all good questions to ask in general, but this is clearly about creating a custom node and asking about versions of node-red-dashboard etc isn't really going to help here.

@Sanketp Can you share the defaults object you have for your node in its .html file?

You need to remember that node property names are case sensitive. You have used name in one place and Name in another.

@zenofmud its my custom node

this is my html file

<div class="form-row">
    <label for="node-input-name"><i class="icon-tag"></i>Title</label>
    <input type="text" id="node-input-Title" placeholder="Title" style="width:70%;">
</div>
Description
   <textarea rows="4" cols="60" id="node-input-oids" placeholder="e.g. 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0" style="width:70%;"></textarea>

</div>

A simple node that conist of the Title and description of the task

@zenofmud i just want to use text area as input for my description.

@Sanketp you don't need to repeat the same information. Please try to answer the questions that are being asked.

Please share the defaults property in your node's html file definition.

What can I say, I did suppot for years and need to make sure what someone says is what they mean which is not always the case. :grin:

1 Like