Time based nodes do not produce output

I have something weird going on, if I use nodes that are based on time (like light-scheduler or moment from @TotallyInformation), they do not function properly.

inject -> moment > debug = no output when injecting
lightscheduler -> debug = no ouput. I do see the node status changing on/off, but no output, only when it is repeated each minute.

Is my install borked ? (actually a clean rasbian stretch install)

anything in the logs?

Nothing :frowning:

Can you post a mini-flow showing the problem so we can check whether we see the same problem?

This is weird, now suddenly the moment node works, lightscheduler still doesn't.

[{"id":"10e539.f76eb2c7","type":"light-scheduler","z":"9e9808c3.7087d8","settings":"f40eca8f.c9b1d","events":"[]","topic":"test","name":"","onPayload":"ON","onPayloadType":"str","offPayload":"OFF","offPayloadType":"str","onlyWhenDark":false,"scheduleRndMax":0,"sunElevationThreshold":6,"sunShowElevationInStatus":false,"outputfreq":"output.statechange.startup","x":286,"y":506,"wires":[["feee114e.2bbfe"]]},{"id":"feee114e.2bbfe","type":"debug","z":"9e9808c3.7087d8","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":644,"y":506,"wires":[]},{"id":"3c019ca5.d1f47c","type":"inject","z":"9e9808c3.7087d8","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":280,"y":572,"wires":[["1e8827ce.f3e64"]]},{"id":"1e8827ce.f3e64","type":"moment","z":"9e9808c3.7087d8","name":"","topic":"","input":"","inputType":"msg","inTz":"Europe/Amsterdam","adjAmount":0,"adjType":"days","adjDir":"add","format":"","locale":"en_US","output":"payload","outputType":"msg","outTz":"Europe/Amsterdam","x":468,"y":572,"wires":[["feee114e.2bbfe"]]},{"id":"f40eca8f.c9b1d","type":"light-scheduler-settings","z":"","name":"my settings","latitude":"52","longitude":"4.4"}]

I assume this is a Pi. What versions of node/npm/node-red are you using?

Also, have you set the time zone on the Pi?

I thought so too. But I was in contact with the developer of the light scheduler for some days trying to tackle this issue, then I found that moment didnt work for some unknown reason, rebooted, worked again.

Lightscheduler still didn't, but the dev found the culprit and updated the node, so it is all working now, sorry for the confusion.

:slight_smile: Yes, there was a problem with node-red-contrib-light-scheduler but it's fixed now.

Thank you @bakman2 for reporting it!

/Niklas Wall

2 Likes