Titlebar text from function

Hi ,please help .
I would like to view msg.payload(from function dynamic) and time togheter in the title bar .
please how can i do this

thank you for your help.

flows (1).json (46.3 KB)

Please take a snapshot of your dashboard and mark in an image editor where exactly you want your payload to appear.

From that old thread - this add a clock to teh ttlebar

Which I see you may have already added - so add another - this time positioned in the middle and change the payload to be your message rather than the time.

something like

[{"id":"fe316fd6.b362d","type":"ui_template","z":"e4501ac7.9c41d8","group":"e0c3e8c1.0cc748","name":"Toolbar","order":6,"width":"0","height":"0","format":"<script id=\"titleScript\" type=\"text/javascript\">\n    $('#titlewords').remove();\n    var toolbar = $('.md-toolbar-tools');\n    var div = $('<div style=\"text-align:center; width:100%;\"/>');\n    var p = $('<p/ id=\"titlewords\">');\n    \n    $('#titleScript').parent().hide();\n    div.append(p);\n    toolbar.append(div);\n\n    function displayTitle(lh) {\n        p.text(lh); \n    }\n\n    // Watch the payload and update the title\n    (function(scope) {\n        scope.$watch('msg.payload', function(data) {\n            displayTitle(data);\n        });\n    })(scope);\n</script>","storeOutMessages":false,"fwdInMessages":false,"resendOnRefresh":false,"templateScope":"local","x":400,"y":480,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"e0c3e8c1.0cc748","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"Garage","tab":"f5aa47bb.2a4d68","order":2,"disp":false,"width":"10"},{"id":"f5aa47bb.2a4d68","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Garage","icon":"fa-car","order":1}]
2 Likes

this work great ! I just want it to show up everywhere and not just in a certain group ,
how to do it ?? Template type is in group ,when i change it it doesn't work. Thank's

if i refresh web page

if I give another group, then I'll come back

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Hi, I'm still interested in it. SO if you find a solution post it please. Here you can find, for some more suggestion, what I'm achieving to do.

1 Like

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.