Trouble when install or update node

Morning,
Since few days i've an error message when i try to install or update node.
Error message is:
npm WARN config production Use --omit=dev instead.
npm WARN old lockfile
npm WARN old lockfile The package-lock.json file was created with an old version of npm,
npm WARN old lockfile so supplemental metadata must be fetched from the registry.
npm WARN old lockfile
npm WARN old lockfile This is a one-time fix-up, please be patient...
npm WARN old lockfile
npm ERR! code EBADENGINE
npm ERR! engine Unsupported engine
npm ERR! engine Not compatible with your version of node/npm: follow@0.12.1
npm ERR! notsup Not compatible with your version of node/npm: follow@0.12.1
npm ERR! notsup Required: {"node":"0.12.x || 0.10.x || 0.8.x"}
npm ERR! notsup Actual: {"npm":"9.6.4","node":"v16.20.0"}

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: C:\Users\NICOLAS\AppData\Local\npm-cache_logs\2023-05-22T10_10_44_788Z-debug-0.log

I try to downgrade node and npm but i've always got the same trouble.
I've you got an idea to fix it.
Thanks
Nico

Something you have installed includes a dependency on follow@0.12.1 - which is a very out of date and doesn't support the version of node.js you are using.

The follow module appears related to CouchDB - does that give you any clues as to what you've installed that is pulling in this old dependency?

You could also run npm list follow in your .node-red directory to see what module is pulling it in.

Once you've figured that out, you'll need to see if there is a newer version of the module available, or look for an alternative.

Please let us know what you find.

Hello Nick,

I followed your instructions and launched npm list follow, you think right it's CouchDB but there was also an oracle module.

I deleted the 2 and now it's ok.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards

Nico

I also take this opportunity to congratulate you and thank you for the development of this great tool that is node-red.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.