Trying to add confirm popup

I have a node which will start a loop on incoming msg.payload="start"
But before actually starting I'd like a popup to appear asking whether the user is sure.

I've tried "confirm" but that apparently doesn't work as the javascript code runs in node-js. Not in the browser.

Anyone any suggestions ?

Thanks !
Sander.

Have a look at the Notification ui node

Can you explain a bit more what you mean? I don't know where to look for the "Notification ui node" (and I did look)

Hi @sander76

Flows run in the node.js runtime, entirely independently of whether someone has the editor open in a browser window. The editor is not meant to be a user dashboard for the flows.

If you are trying to create a node that has this confirmation step built into it, that anyone could install and use - you cannot rely on what UI that user has available to them to act on the confirmation.

If you are trying to build a confirmation step into a set of flows you are running, then you can look at things like Node-RED Dashboard to create a user interface for your flows - which is where the notification node Colin mentions would come in.

Alright. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.