Tuya Device not connect

Hi there,

I want to evaluate and control a Duya thermostat via Node Red.
It works via the APP. I have created a project on the Tuya platform and can find the thermostat and control it (e.g. temperature).
I installed a Tuya Node in Node Red. Unfortunately I can't get a connection to the thermostat. I do not understand which ID or IP address I have to enter. Do services or similar have to be activated on the Tuya platform. I've already read. Unfortunately the descriptions are apparently out of date or I don't understand them. For example, you have to enter the internal IP address or the address of the Tuya platform.
Can someone help how to configure the node?

Many Thanks

Thoralf

Not sure which Tuya node you are using as there is more than 1. I use node-red-contrib-tuya-smart-device which works well

The instructions for setting it up are here node-red-contrib-tuya-smart-device (node) - Node-RED (nodered.org)

but as described in these instructions you need to create a new account on iot.tuya.com and then follow the setup as shown here
tuyapi/SETUP.md at master · codetheweb/tuyapi · GitHub

This allows you to get the device id and the key which are required to access your device. The only tricky bit is creating a developer account on iot.tuya.com but if you follow the instructions you should be OK

Hi there,

thank you so much for your information. It works for me now. From my point of view, the decisive hint was the installation of "npm i @ tuyapi / cli -g" on my Raspberry (via command line). Then I started the tuya-cli wizard and at the end received the "ID" and the "Key". For me it was a bit confusing what kind of data I should enter. The names weren't unique. In the end, however, the wizard recognized the device. Then I knew that the entries were correct. I wrote this data into the node mentioned and the node went "online".
If I now change the temperature on the device or the APP, I get values displayed in Node Red. Even small controls are transferred to the device via Node Red. There are already some templates.
So thank you very much. I had already given up hope.

Thoralf :laughing: :laughing:

No problem, glad you got it all sorted out.