TypeError: Cannot read property 'log' of undefined

I upgraded to 1.3.1 and now I cannot read my homeseer devices any more.

The server is declared all right and the Device and Feature are found by the node.
The Device is in a red box???

Any idea how to solve this problem?

-- Cor --

what is the contrib node (node-red-contrib-????) you are using?

node-red-contrib-homeseer version 1.0.5

Is this coming from the hs-device or hs-event node?

it's from the HS-Device node

can you put a catch node connected to a debug node (set to display the complete msg object) on the tab with your node and see if something shows up. If it does, please expand the complete output of the debug and copy/paste it into a reply.

You may want to open an issue on the node's github page: Issues · HomeSeer/node-red-contrib-homeseer · GitHub

I suspect the problem is in the server (config) node...

... could you open the config (pencil icon next to HS4-server) and check its settings? Perhaps it is not properly configured and also the reason the device "refresh" button doesnt work?

Looking at the src for the server config node, the only place I see .log is where on the endpoints the node calls RED.log.debug (example) in which case it suggests an issue with the RED object being undefined!.

I checked in vscode on node-red V1.3.0 (not the homeseer node - a different node that also has built in endpoints) and RED is definitely an object containing .log

Well, nothing shows up in de catch/debug window, only the same message as before: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'log' of undefined"

The HS4-server is configured all right.

Like I said earlier, open an issue in the nodes GitHub page

Yes indeed, and done! Thanks for the suggestion.

Some feedback: problem solved in homeseer version 1.0.6

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.