Ui-chart fails to update specific to ui-page and ui-group

My three ui-charts (bar chart) on a specific ui-group and ui-page showed up one morning with one bar in the far left x-axis. Debug is fine, its getting the proper message. I cleared history then i saw nothing while debug says its updating. I changed the type from bar to line and now it works again. I have had the charts running about 3 weeks. This probably is only on the one ui-group and ui-page. my ui-text field in this group/page, work fine.

Not sure what happened, but i'm assuming i reset the code when i changed from bar to line to bar again? version 4.0.2 running on linux on aws, flowfuse, 1.14.0 - updating to 1.18.0

Yeah, we try to keep data and transfer it over automatically, but sometimes we just can't do it, so have to clear the chart.

Joe,
the chart seems to stop providing 'y' values, yet the time 'x' is registered, I'm sending {"x":"10/19 5:31 AM","y":33}, works great but it stalled one morning and only one 'y' value is shown. Clearing node-red and uploading my backup is the only way i see to fix this.

Is this now a reccuring/reproducable problem for you?

i am trying it on my ubuntu/snap and will likely wipe out my AWS production site and upload my backup. only the three charts in the 'density' ui-group and ui-page, the other ones are fine.

answers to your questions: first time, Reproducable? I am going to try other things like a new group and page, remove disabled and unused nodes, all ready tried two platforms, both Ubuntu however. So stay tuned unless you have something i can try.

When you say you've tried two Ubuntu systems, does that mean you were able to reproduce the problem?

Joe,
Trying to isolate the problem and below has been reproducible: I have exported what worked and imported both so they are identical.

node red version, snap on laptop is 3.1.0, flowfuse 1.14, Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS - works fine for the past several hours

node red version, npm -g -list, 4.0.2, flowfuse 1.18 on AWS micro Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS - the dashboard pages update, but only the text values, not the chart. the chart is throwing some errors:

10/20/2024, 9:31:08 AMnode: PIR 359 Delta Count Barmsg : error

i have many ui-charts running, but these are unique to a ui-group and ui-page, but more importantly, they are the only ones using two key:values, x and y.

"Error: Invalid property expression: zero-length"
10/20/2024, 9:51:02 AMnode: PIR 365 Delta Count Barmsg : error
"Error: Invalid property expression: zero-length"
10/20/2024, 9:51:02 AMnode: debug 25msg.payload : Object
{ x: "10/20 9:51 AM", y: 6652 }
10/20/2024, 9:51:02 AMnode: debug 26
msg.payload : number 6652 - the text box works, number is updating

Okay, that's a concern. I have seen that error before, and thoight I'd put a fix in. I can't get to a laptop today as I need to look after my kids, but will look firet thing tomorrow.

Thanks so much for investigating further.

let me know if you want my user/pass on the engine. enjoy your family day!