ui-Control JSON Format

Here is the JSON msg.payload I am using as an input to the ui-Control Node:

{"group":{"hide":["Memory_Memory-Name","Memory_New","Memory_Memory","Memory_Backup","Memory_Update"],"show":["Memory_Memory-Select"]}}

The target tab is "Memory". Work good.

But, I want to re-write the object to target tab zero (0), so that if the name of the tab changes, the ui_Control will continue to work.

I have tried different JSON objects, but none work.

I need help. Re-Write the above ui_Control msg.payload to use tab (0), instead of tab "Memory".

Alan

First not possible directly using msg.tab, ie 0

You would first need to load your flow json, then filter out all ui_tab types and return the name properties.
Then you can us index 0 to add the property name to the group json.
e.g

[{"id":"0965bb151a929dda","type":"inject","z":"d1395164b4eec73e","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":380,"y":560,"wires":[["8fb335c0a1db20b7"]]},{"id":"8fb335c0a1db20b7","type":"file in","z":"d1395164b4eec73e","name":"","filename":"/your/path/to/flows.json","filenameType":"str","format":"utf8","chunk":false,"sendError":false,"encoding":"none","allProps":false,"x":590,"y":560,"wires":[["d478de8751a8671a"]]},{"id":"d478de8751a8671a","type":"json","z":"d1395164b4eec73e","name":"","property":"payload","action":"","pretty":false,"x":650,"y":620,"wires":[["9db607cc713c5d35"]]},{"id":"9db607cc713c5d35","type":"change","z":"d1395164b4eec73e","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"(\t    $tabs := $$.payload[$.type = \"ui_tab\"].name;\t    {\t        \"group\":{\t            \"hide\":[\t                $tabs[0] & \"_Memory-Name\",\t                $tabs[0] & \"_New\",\t                $tabs[0] & \"_Memory\",\t                $tabs[0] & \"_Backup\",\t                $tabs[0] & \"_Update\"\t            ],\t            \"show\":[\t                $tabs[0] & \"_Memory-Select\"\t            ]\t        }\t    }\t)","tot":"jsonata"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":820,"y":620,"wires":[["13ac52b76848d01c"]]},{"id":"13ac52b76848d01c","type":"debug","z":"d1395164b4eec73e","name":"debug 344","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":990,"y":620,"wires":[]}]

Home is my tab 0

JSONata expression to create payload object

(
    $tabs := $$.payload[$.type = "ui_tab"].name;
    {
        "group":{
            "hide":[
                $tabs[0] & "_Memory-Name",
                $tabs[0] & "_New",
                $tabs[0] & "_Memory",
                $tabs[0] & "_Backup",
                $tabs[0] & "_Update"
            ],
            "show":[
                $tabs[0] & "_Memory-Select"
            ]
        }
    }
)

You could probably save the tabs array to a context var on a daily basis and then just reference that if you wanted to, or watch the flow.json file for changes, then update the tabs array if the file has changed.

E1CD. Thanks.

I did something similar, but I thought there should be an easier way.

I used the ui-Control node to get the tab 0 (msg.tab) and name (msg.name), and put tab 0's, name into flow context as "tab".

Then I used a function node to build the ui-Control JSON concating the string: tab + "_group-name"

Since you say there is no way to write the JSON directly, I will mark this question as solved.

Alan

Next time could you provide all the relevant info, so people don't waste time providing solutions that you have already tried.

If you have a solution please provide it for others to use, marking a post the solution should really contain a solution, with a clear example.

1 Like

E1CD

Your point is well taken. I do appreciate the effort you put into my original question.

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.