ui_LED problem not showing on dashboard

Just for some history:

This was written about a year ago on Buster with desktop.

It's been running 24/7 (with weekly reboot) since I put it out in the field.

Last week it was imported to a fresh system of Bullseye with desktop and runs fine.

This week, this is what I get when imported to another fresh system.

I think I might see something - Dash version I got is 1.0.2, current version according to the web is 3.1.2. I installed it from the palette manager.

Why would that be?

How did you import the node red setup?

I suggest updating all nodes to the latest versions.

How did you import the node red setup?

I suggest updating all nodes to the latest versions.

I imported the flows I had previously programmed.

I found the problem: there is another dashboard available called dashboard-evi that shows the same description page, same available nodes, basically same everything as node-red-dashboard except version is 1.0.2 and the node-red-dashboard is version 3.1.2. Once deployed, the -evi looked exactly as it should be except for the non-functioning ui-led.

I deleted everything, got the correct dashboard installed and now the leds are functioning.

But in the process of getting this going, I did something else.

I tried to use the project mode to be able to switch between different setups, but it's not working properly.

I started with project name BinsLevel101, which was originally created with the incorrect dashboard.

I created a new project, called Bins_102. I tried to use that project to use the proper dashboard. When I go to change the settings>dependancies, I get an error in Node-Red saying that my current project is Bins_102 but my node red web interface shows BinsLevel101 and it won't change my dependancies.

Help again?

1 Like

Sorry, I don't use projects. Best to start a new thread explaining the problem.

I had the same issue and indedark had the solution, thank you so much!

I bet we are not the only ones, when I searched for "dashboard", -evi was the 1st result and was recently updated, node-red-dashboard was 3rd result.