Ui-table supports ui_control

yes it does :slight_smile: ....

1 Like

Cool ... didn't know that. :+1: And pointer events are disabled too. It seams to be handled by the dashboard and not by the widget as I can't find any reference in node.js.
(side question for my own ui-nodes: Does this mean that every ui-node has this feature by default?)

Hi - yes - it is handled globally. (well it's CSS nr-dashboard-disabled - so I guess you could undo it also)

2 Likes

One of the coolest things I learned early on with ui-table was disable it during a (longer) refresh, then enable it when the refresh done. This gives the operator good feedback that things are changing. I do this with all the tables I update routinely... say a wifi scanner, I disable the table, do the wifi scan then enable the table. Thus I know when the scan is running with out a lot of effort, say flashing led or changing button icons, which are fine and valid, but the table state is easy to understand as well.

3 Likes

I still plan to implement a custom formatter to change the cell background each time a value updates and fade it back after a certain period to indicate updated values. But I have to learn a little bit more about HTML5 animations and more time :grinning: My table updates are "live" as I use the `updateOrAddData() function to update individual cells.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.