uiBuilder Fails in Proxmox

I have been running UiBuilder successfully in node red for a couple of months but it is v4.1.4.
Generally speaking I don't update/upgrade node's unless something is broken so I have stayed behind.

I am testing the latest update of UiBuilder but I am not having joy and I am suspecting that it might be the setup:

System : Proxmox LXC running the latest version of node red BUT installed as root.
Installed libraries : bootstrap bootstrap-vue vue

Loading one for the template files I get a blank page with errors of not finding the CSS files and now I get the following -
"[uibuilder:308542c0df5d7a4e] TypeError: Cannot read property 'stack' of undefined"
with the page not working at all.

I suspect that it has something to do with running node red as root. but I am not sure how to fix this or if it could be fixed.
As I note on my production system Uibuilder is running fine so I have to assume that some thing has changed with the most latest update.

Any suggestions?

-- UPDATE --
I removed UI Builder and then installed it again and I am getting the following errors:
3 Jul 03:33:12 - [info] Installing module: node-red-contrib-uibuilder, version: 5.1.1
3 Jul 03:33:43 - [info] Installed module: node-red-contrib-uibuilder
3 Jul 03:33:44 - [error] [uibuilder:package-mgt:readPackageJson] Failed to read package.json file from /root/.node-red/uibuilder
3 Jul 03:33:44 - [warn] [uibuilder:package-mgt:getUibRootPackageJson] Could not read /root/.node-red/uibuilder/package.json. Creating minimal version.
3 Jul 03:33:44 - [warn] [uibuilder:package-mgt:getUibRootPackageJson] No uibRoot/package.json file, creating minimal file.

With the front-end libraries installed and Simple VueJs template loaded I get a blank page with the following in console
So it seems as if the Libraries cannot be found

The error and warnings are simply saying that there was no package.json file in the uibRoot folder (/root/.node-red/uibuilder) and so it created one because one is needed in order to keep track of installed packages. Actually, that's a slight bug because I should really include that in the initial setup. Will be fixed in v6.

Can you please check that the /root/.node-red/uibuilder/package.json file actually contains the dependencies listing vue and bootstrap-vue? It should look something like this:

{
  "name": "uib_root",
  "version": "6.0.0-dev",
  "description": "Root configuration and data folder for uibuilder",
  "scripts": {},
  "dependencies": {
    "bootstrap": "^4.6.1",
    "bootstrap-vue": "^2.22.0",
    "vue": "^2.7.0"
  },
  "homepage": "",
  "bugs": "",
  "author": "",
  "license": "Apache-2.0",
  "repository": "",
  "uibuilder": {
    "packages": {
      "bootstrap": {
        "installFolder": "\\src\\uibRoot\\node_modules\\bootstrap",
        "installedVersion": "4.6.1",
        "estimatedEntryPoint": "dist/js/bootstrap.js",
        "homepage": "https://getbootstrap.com/",
        "packageUrl": "/bootstrap",
        "url": "../uibuilder/vendor/bootstrap/dist/js/bootstrap.js",
        "spec": "^4.6.1"
      },
      "bootstrap-vue": {
        "installFolder": "\\src\\uibRoot\\node_modules\\bootstrap-vue",
        "installedVersion": "2.22.0",
        "estimatedEntryPoint": "./dist/bootstrap-vue.common.js",
        "homepage": "https://bootstrap-vue.org",
        "packageUrl": "/bootstrap-vue",
        "url": "../uibuilder/vendor/bootstrap-vue/./dist/bootstrap-vue.common.js",
        "bootstrap": "^4.6.1",
        "spec": "^2.22.0"
      },
      "vue": {
        "installFolder": "\\src\\uibRoot\\node_modules\\vue",
        "installedVersion": "2.7.0",
        "estimatedEntryPoint": "dist/vue.js",
        "homepage": "https://github.com/vuejs/vue#readme",
        "packageUrl": "/vue",
        "url": "../uibuilder/vendor/vue/dist/vue.js",
        "spec": "^2.7.0"
      }
    }
  }
}

Also, double-check that you have Vue v2 installed and not v3 since bootstrap-vue only works with v2 and the VueJS project changed the default a while back.

Then can you check whether the socket.io and uibuilderfe.js libraries got loaded in your front-end?

Ah , that was it - as predicted I installed v3 removed it and installed 2.7 and all is now happy.
Now to have a look at what is new, thank you!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.