Undefined dashboard

Now we have three machines, 100, 110 and 102! You keep changing what you have told us. Please do as I asked above:

You can just sketch it on paper and photograph it and paste the image in here if that is easiest. Make sure you label the devices with their IPs so we know which is which.

This IP setting was how it worked perfectly before this issue. Now, I can no longer see the UI tab, it shows a tab with undefined name.

If I access the ip 127.0.0.1 in the browser (as shown before) it opens the UI tab normally, but I don't have the data collected from my system, because the ip's follow that reasoning I used before. I don't know if changing the ip of my notebook and the http request line on the red node, would work. I also don't know, by which ip I would change, to align with 127.0.0.1.

Does that say Novegarden? What is that device?
What is the 102 device?

I can't quite read the top left hand box

Browser (I wrote it in Portuguese on paper).
Device 102 is my equipment that collects the data (I don't think it's possible to change its ip, so I wanted to return to this pattern from before the problem, where it worked fine).

This image is from the document on my computer, it shows how I connect to my machine and access it in the browser. The problem arose when I tried to install a new palette and the red node updated, as you had questioned (because I was using an older version in my dashboard) so it no longer opened the dashboard UI but an undefined tab.

Are you in Brasil? :smiley:

Can you tell us a bit more about this device:

1. What make and sensor type is it?
  2. How does it connect to your network - wifi or ethernet?
  3. This device's IP address is 192.168.0.102?
  4. If you point your browser to 192.168.0.102:1880 do you see a Node-red editor?
  5. If so, please show us a screen capture of the editor and dashboard.
  6. If not, how does it send sensor readings to Node-red?

OK, it is beginning to be clear, I think.

You are running node red on device 100. It is a very old version of node-red and probably also a very old version of nodejs. Somehow you have broken the dashboard running on that machine, which is why you cannot access it via address 100. Did it break when you installed node-red-contrib-ui_j? That node may be conflicting with node-red-dashboard which is why it is broken.

Can you access a command window into device 100? If so then open that and cd into the folder where you flow files are (that may be called .node-red). I hope you know where your flows file is so that you have been backing it up. Once in that folder run the command
npm remove node-red-contrib-ui_j
If it says it has removed stuff then reboot device 100 (or restart node-red on that device if you know how to do it). Then refresh the browser page open on device 100:1880 and look in manage palette to see if the errors have gone.

That's it, Colin.

I had seen a forum that talked about it, but indicating in my cmd to remove node-red-contrib-ui_j, it doesn't disappear in my dashboard. It even shows that both are in use even though they are not. I just can't uninstall one of them.

Running in cmd as said and restarting the browser page 100:1880, the palettes are still there

Are you running that in a command window running in device 100? Does device 100 use Windows? What sort of device is device 100?

I ran it on my laptop's cmd, where the .nodered folder is installed. Device 100 is the address that the document on my equipment that collects the data from the sensors tells me to use.

.node\red ***

That is the wrong .node-red folder. You need the one inside device 100. When you access device 100 in the browser it is connecting to node-red running in that device. That is the one that is messed up. Is it one of these? https://www.sick.com/medias/TDC.PDF?context=bWFzdGVyfGNvbnRlbnR8NzgzMjg4OXxhcHBsaWNhdGlvbi9wZGZ8Y29udGVudC9oODkvaDUxLzk1Mzk4MTI4ODQ1MTAucGRmfDIyZDY3Y2E4NTI0ZDgwZGI3OGVhYmEwN2QyZjZhOGZmYzNmNzMzMzhiY2FiZGZmNWQ4M2NiYjJiOTljYWJiMjM

If so (it would have saved time if you had told us that) then I see it runs node-red in a docker container. You need to find out how to open a command window inside that docker container. In fact being a Docker container then probably the folder is not called .node-red, it may be called data for example.

The reason it says the node is in use is because it conflicts with node-red-dashboard and node-red thinks that the dashboard nodes you have installed belong to it as they have the same names as those in node-red-dashboard.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.