Unknown system error -122

I recently updated Node Red to ver 1.1.2 and updated all the nodes in my palette. The VM has been rebooted since then and Node-Red has been restarted. Today I was happily working on a new flow (no new node types, only inject, tcp request, debug) and everything was working. Full and Modified Flow deploys were working. Then I walked away from my desk for an hour and when I came back, deploying changes are no longer working. I can restart Node-Red but cannot deploy any changes. The existing flows seems to be functioning. Here are the messages I have gleaned from the debug tab.

Errors

Deploy failed: {"code":"Unknown system error -122","message":"Unknown system error -122: Unknown system error -122, rename '/home/matt/.node-red/flows_Mosquitto.json' -> '/home/matt/.node-red/.flows_Mosquitto.json.backup'"}

Error: Unknown system error -122: Unknown system error -122, rename '/home/matt/.node-red/flows_Mosquitto.json' -> '/home/matt/.node-red/.flows_Mosquitto.json.backup'
at Object.fs.renameSync (fs.js:766:18)
at Object.writeFile (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/storage/localfilesystem/util.js:85:20)
at Object.saveFlows (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/storage/localfilesystem/projects/index.js:571:17)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/storage/index.js:97:38
at tryCatchReject (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:845:30)
at runContinuation1 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:804:4)
at Fulfilled.when (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:592:4)
at ContinuationTask.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/when/lib/ma...

"failed to write to file: Error: Unknown system error -122: Unknown system error -122, open '/home/matt/data/images/scale/200724 185844 -40.jpg'"

"Cannot save user settings: Settings not available"

I had some file system permissions error after my update that explained out to fix an old npm bug, is this related? Any ideas how to fix it?

I think that is an underlying file system error - maybe your sd card is getting full or flakey ?

No SD card, 20+GB virtual disk. Unfortunately I didn't have the to dig into the underlying system, I'll look into it next week.

Without more details it is impossible to say whether that is significant or not.

I didn't save the npm error message but it appeared after updating npm and the error message itself started that it was an old npm bug and the command to fix it, which I ran.

Turned out mosquitto log filled up the system disk.

That is surprising, I would have expected the mosquitto install to have setup logrotate to stop that happening.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.